Sim

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Thursday 31 March 2011

New name, same rubbish...

Hi

You may notice I've changed the name of this blog. I felt I ought to do so as I realised there is already someone using the 'New Beginnings' title and I wanted to avoid confusion. Plus, this blog really is just me thinking out loud and pontificating to the world, so 'Neil's Notions' makes more sense.

I would like to clarify something I wrote yesterday on bullying in the media. I stated the author in the war of words was deservedly criticised for her behaviour. That is not to say I, in any way, condone the over the top responses she received towards the end of the 'debate'. By the end of the thread the writers were behaving just as badly as the author. The pack mentality seemed to give licence to kick her when she was down. I was unnecessary and unacceptable. The point had already been made and the later contributors were just joining in to kick someone (in my opinion...).

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say on that subject. I just wanted to clarify I didn't condone the bullying from either side.

On an entirely different note (though also related, oddly!) Sally Quiller is today telling us how her blog has gained a massive new audience thanks to a friend twittering to Stephen Fry about it. Sally had written a piece on the above controversy and Stephen Fry recommended it on his twitter. Result? A great many new visitors to the blog.

If only we all could call on Mr Fry to promote our blogs...

Back to trying to write that first novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my ramblings. I appreciate all feedback - good and bad!

Thanks

Neil