Sim

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Monday 14 March 2011

Time for that rant I mentioned on Friday.

Since last October I have applied for approximately eighty jobs. Every single one of which I am qualified to do. I have been offered exactly zero interviews. Why? I don't know because nobody responds when I ask for feedback.

I know my CV is good because I've had it checked. ditto my covering letter. I have good references, so it's not that.

These businesses have all asked me (or any other jobseeker) to take the time to apply to them. How about the courtesy of a response from them?

The most annoying part is the number of businesses that don't even reply to your application at all. How hard is it to send a mass e-mail to all unsuccessful applicants (using the BCC field to protect all identities) just to say "Thanks, but no thanks"?

I discovered last night that some ex-colleagues of mine have spent the weekend writing essays for their boss, to justify why they should keep their job. How's that for inspiring loyalty?

I have a whole theory about modern society and the falling standards of good manners which I won't bore you with here, but it seems to me that people don't bother with courtesy to employees (or potential employees) because you're now just another easily replaced component in the corporate machine. It's no coincidence that Personnel departments are now known as Human Resources. You're no longer a person; just another resource.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my ramblings. I appreciate all feedback - good and bad!

Thanks

Neil