Sim

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Fingers crossed!!!

What a lovely day to live in Devon.

I've just returned from a walk into town to visit the library (I have to borrow books at present, due to tightened belts) and didn't even need a coat. Fingers crossed that spring is really here.

I've just sent off assignment N5 to my tutor - I suspect he'll say the letter is too long, but I can't make it shorter without destroying the tale.....

I seem to be having one of those rare periods when writing is possibly a little too easy. My novel (little more than a few pages at present) has taken control of mind to the point I'm working on it as I walk down the road. Last night I booted up the PC just to add a single line. I'm sure plenty of you know what this feels like. My wife is delighted to see me working towards an end product for a change. Lets Hope!

I wrote an action scene yesterday and found myself writing the dialogue for a violent thug. I must admit it was very strange to commit bad language to paper (hard drive, actually). Although I'm quite used to the language itself, my writing has always avoided the use of foul language. But if you want truth in your writing, you can't pretend everyone speaks like Cary Grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my ramblings. I appreciate all feedback - good and bad!

Thanks

Neil