Sim

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Oops, I nearly fell in that hole..

So, I was working on a chapter of the novel when I suddenly realised I have a gaping hole in my story. As you can imagine, this was a bit of a shock.

I have carefully plotted out the main story, but somehow I managed to miss a key element that will move my main character from the early stages to the latter stages. I'm not sure how - I guess this is one of the prices I'm going to pay for the work flowing so well last week....

As a result I find myself having to stop writing while I consider how to fix this. As I don't want a patch, I may have to reconsider the entire second half. Fortunately, most of that only exists in my imagination (and in notes, etc)  so I won't be throwing out big chunks of writing. 

I guess it's better to find out now than in a month or so. 

I expect most writers will be laughing at this and pointing out it could be avoided with better preparation, but last week was such a productive week I didn't want to break the flow. 

Next time, maybe..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my ramblings. I appreciate all feedback - good and bad!

Thanks

Neil