Sim

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Friday 15 April 2011

Published at last!

It's been a bit of a strange week.

After months of applying for jobs, two interviews came along together. I had one yesterday and I've just come back from a second. What's going on? Why have I gone from famine to feast? I'm uncertain about wanting one of the jobs – I'm not sure I would fit in – but, it's still good to actually get a chance at last.

Speaking of which, I am going to be published!

I recently wrote a piece for the WB coursework which my tutor felt was unlikely to find a market. I disagreed as I believed it was relevant to many people, so I sent it to a photography magazine (ostensibly for the letters page, although it was a little long). This Wednesday I received a phone call from the editor asking if he could use it as part of a feature. I was delighted and readily agreed.

He came back and asked for a photo of me to go with the piece. This was harder than writing the item. I am a photographer; I take the pictures and hide behind the camera. I don't like having my picture taken and, in my opinion, always look like Shrek's uglier brother.

Still, I set up my gear and took a handful of self portraits in the hope of finding an acceptable image. The Editor seemed pleased with the picture I sent, but I still await the mockery from everyone I know.

Perhaps next time, I'll tell them I'm a vampire and don't show up on film...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my ramblings. I appreciate all feedback - good and bad!

Thanks

Neil