Sim

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Friday 9 March 2012

Realistic - or am I losing my mind?

It's been a while since my last blog, but my wife suggested I share a recent experience with you.

Last Saturday morning I was watching breakfast TV in bed, when a feature came on about the new Muppet Movie. I smiled at the thought of another muppet film and then began to wonder what they'd been up to during the last few years - not the puppeteers, but the actual Muppets!

After a few moments of wondering if they were just enjoying life and all the money they must have made, I suddenly realised I was thinking of them as actual, living beings.

I must confess I was a little embarrassed (until I began laughing) at the thought I could be so stupid.

But then it occured to me - this is a tribute to the skills of the guys behing the Muppets. They have created characters of such strength that we forget they don't exist. The next day i saw an actor talking about working with them and talking of trying to catch their eyes. I think it is marvellous that the muppets have 'come to life' in our minds.

If I could ever create one character with that such a strong sense of 'being' I would be exceedingly pleased.

Congratulations to the Muppet team - and pass on my best wishes to Kermit and co...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my ramblings. I appreciate all feedback - good and bad!

Thanks

Neil