Sim

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Thursday 16 June 2011

Feel sorry for yourself? Not anymore...

I think we all feel sorry for ourselves now and again, believing life is treating us cruelly and no-one can have it worse. I know I do – I suffer from depression and have 'dark' days.

Well, today I read a blog from someone who truly does have it bad. Life has been cruel. I'm talking about a young lady called Alice. She is 15 years old and terminally ill. She writes a blog http://alicepyne.blogspot.com/ about her life. It is a pretty upbeat blog, considering her situation. It shows a courageous young person facing a greatly shortened life. She lists her 'bucket list' of ambitions to fulfil before she dies. This week one ambition was fulfilled when she met Take That at their Manchester concert. They seem to have given her an amazing time.

It is an amazing example to those of us who feel hard done by in life or who, like myself, struggle on some days to see the light. I can only say I doubt I would be as brave.

Unfortunately, as always on the internet, there are those who see this as an opportunity for nastiness. These cowards are posting vicious, heartless messages. No-one in their right mind would find anything remotely funny about Alice's condition, but these morons obviously gain some pleasure from their cruelty. I very much doubt they would dare behave in such a way face to face. The only printable word for such people is scum.

Please visit her blog, read it and see true courage. Teenagers get a bad press these days, but here is an example of a teenager at their best. Maybe it's in your power to help her realise part of her list?

The blog is unlikely to be easy reading as time goes by but I urge everyone to support this amazing young woman.

I will try to think of her whenever I feel low. Perhaps it will remind me how much worse I could have it and also how to handle life's difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on my ramblings. I appreciate all feedback - good and bad!

Thanks

Neil